If you are in serious consideration for braces, or even if you already have braces, be prepared to clean them when necessary. Although braces are very durable, if they become damaged or broken they will not be able to work correctly, so treat them with care.
In order to keep your oral health care at its best, consider the following benefits of cleaning braces:
– Damage to a piece of your braces can occur if you are not careful, and if it does happen, do not attempt to correct the damage on your own.
– If your traditional threaded floss cannot effectively work with your braces, try switching to a water flosser to ensure your teeth will continue to get the care they require.
– In order to best serve your braces, avoid foods that can easily get wedged between your braces and teeth and become difficult to remove.
– To adequately serve your smile, schedule meetings and routine checkups with your orthodontist to ensure your orthodontic care is going along smoothly.
– To adequately ensure your braces will function properly, clean and disinfect your retainer at least once weekly.
No matter the needs you require from your smile, our team can help. Dr. Ora Rosenfeld Canter and our team can give you a comprehensive oral examination to determine which orthodontic cleaning procedure is best for you and your oral health care needs. To schedule a visit with our orthodontist in Astoria, New York, call us at 718-278-2441. Stop by and take the time to focus on your oral health care.