Dr. Ora R. Canter DDS: Orthodontist in Astoria On Steinway Street.
Our orthodontist and team want you to have a healthy smile during treatment, which is why we educate you on how to brush and floss your teeth while wearing braces. When you understand how to clean your teeth and braces, then you reduce your risk for decalcification and tooth decay. Call the office of Ora R. Canter, DDS Orthodontics if you want to learn more about braces hygiene in Astoria, New York. While you are wearing braces, it is essential that you maintain good oral hygiene. Proper oral hygiene may be a bit more difficult with braces, but it is important that you take good care of your smile so you can prevent dental problems like tooth decay, gum disease, and demineralization. If left untreated, these problems can cause more serious oral health issues, and they can prolong your orthodontic treatment.
- To keep your smile healthy while you have braces, our orthodontist encourages you to follow these guidelines:
- Brush your teeth at least three times every day. Brush after every meal, and if you eat a sugary snack in between meals, it is best to brush again.
- Use an interproximal brush to help clean around the brackets and wires. This can help to clean spots that your toothbrush might have a hard time reaching because of your braces.
- Floss at least once every day. Using a floss threader can make is easier to thread the floss behind the wire of your braces.
- Rinse your teeth with water every time you clean your teeth. Based on your specific needs, we may recommend a specialized rinse.
- Pay attention to the list of foods to avoid with braces. This can help to keep your smile healthy and avoid damage to your braces.
If you would like more information about how to maintain good oral hygiene with braces, we invite you to contact our office today. We are eager to speak with you!
Our award winning orthodontics team will provide you with the care you need for that everlasting smile you desire all at an affordable price. We are located on Steinway Street in Astoria , NY and service patients in the the nearby areas of Queens, including Long Island City, Woodside, Elmhurst, Corona, Sunnyside, Jackson Heights, Ditmars Steinway and Middle Village as well as the 11106,11105,11104, 11102 & 11101 zip codes.