Have you ever heard of malocclusion? Malocclusion is a general oral health disorder that is commonly referred to as a bad bite that occurs due to a misalignment in your jaw or smile. To correct misalignment and malocclusion, orthodontic treatments may be required. To learn more about malocclusion, please read the following:
Types of incisor malocclusions:
– Misplaced midlines: The top and bottom incisors do not line up with the direct center of each other.
– Underbites: The top and bottom incisors do not line up and the bottom ones stick out.
– Overbites: The top and bottom incisors do not line up and the top sticks out.
– Open bites: The top and bottom incisors do not line up when you bite down.
Other forms of malocclusions:
– Rotation malocclusion: Teeth are positioned out of alignment.
– Spacing malocclusion: Irregular spaces and gaps between teeth.
– Transposition malocclusion: Teeth erupt above the gum line in the wrong location.
If you would like to schedule a malocclusion exam, simply call our orthodontic office in Astoria, New York, at our number 718-278-2441. Dr. Ora Rosenfeld Canter and our entire team await. The perfect smile of your dreams is only a visit away!